An Award-Winning Corporate Culture
At Free The Children, we strive to create a dynamic culture that inspires our hundreds of employees to achieve their fullest professional potential. We believe in honouring our staff’s commitment to our work. That’s why we have developed a broad range of staff care initiatives, including giving employees their birthdays off, setting up a ping pong table for fun and active breaks, and providing healthy meals and snacks during our peak season.
Within our offices, likeminded coworkers become lifelong friends.
International travel opportunities foster a global perspective on sustainable development. Every project and campaign led by our team members results in tangible change, both at home and overseas.
That’s just the beginning of what makes our workplace unique. Our corporate culture has been independently assessed and recognized with awards for three years in a row. Mostly recently, Free The Children was honoured as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures of 2013, Broader Public Sector. Learn more.
WE are Family
Free The Children is a leader in the field of global change. Our staff feels the same way.
We provide recent graduates with incredible challenges and opportunities for growth.
Most of the talented individuals who make up our senior team at Free The Children have been with us since we were a group of wide-eyed and idealistic teens and 20-somethings. Together, we have grown to become one of the world’s most respected platforms for social change.
WE are family.
We strive to make sure that our incredible team has opportunities for growth and advancement, including professional development, mentorship from corporate and charitable leaders, and the ability to tackle unprecedented and world-changing challenges.
But what makes the Free The Children team so special and atypical is that we have grown up together and traveled the globe together. We have attended each other’s graduations, birthdays, marriages, and recently, the birthday parties of our sons and daughters.
We have laughed together and cried together; we are loyal and we know what it means to have each other’s backs.
Money is not our motivation. Instead, we are collecting stock options in a better world. We are building a lasting legacy for our children and ourselves.
WE are family.
Free The Children as Canada’s Top 5 Charities Run by Young Professionals in 2013 by Notable.ca
Work With Us
From our headquarters in Toronto to our regional offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Palo Alto, California, and London, UK, our staff push the envelope of what is possible for an educational partner and international charity. Some of us work in offices, and others hit the road to share stories and raise awareness on the front lines. We offer a challenging, creative and intellectually stimulating career experience. You will work alongside people who will become your closest friends. We promise.
Do you want to change your neighbourhood? Or help fight poverty in the developing world? Are you passionate about social issues? Do you want to join a team that encourages you to search for—and enact—solutions to the world’s most pressing problems? Do your personal values align with our core values? If so, we want to hear from you!
- As a leading-edge charity, we strive to keep our administrative costs low. That said, all salaries of Free The Children employees in North America are in line with either Imagine Canada's study of compensation in the charitable sector, or Charity Navigator in the United States.
- We supplement earnings with countless unique opportunities, including mentorship opportunities, skills-improvement workshops, health benefits and exceptional leadership opportunities.
- We offer access to some of the greatest leaders and thinkers of our time. Former prime ministers, Nobel laureates, activist rock stars and Supreme Court justices pass through our offices and make themselves available to help our staff develop their considerable skill base.
- We'll arm you with a wealth of skills and experience that not only benefits Free The Children, but also prepares you for careers in the corporate world, or as teachers, administrators or development specialists. And of course, we love it when we have staff return!
- We foster significance in the work we do every day. We have a relentless belief in the people we hire and train. As a result, our staff are confident and proud of their contributions in empowering youth to change the world.
Seeking Shameless Idealists.
Free The Children is seeking ambitious new grads and career professionals who are innovative, dynamic, hard-working and passionate about youth empowerment both locally and globally. If your values align with our core values, we want to hear from you!
Join our award winning team today!
“Free The Children has offered me unprecedented opportunities as a professional. The opportunities to work with incredible mentors from a number of sectors while working directly with our Co-Founders, Craig and Marc, has allowed me to develop strategies and innovate our programming. As a mother raising five children, the added flexibility of my family being able to travel with me overseas to places like Kenya, Haiti and China has been a wonderful opportunity for our family. I am proud of what I do for a living. Finally the people I work alongside with have become best friends. It’s a conscientious choice to work at Free The Children. When you believe in the work you do, you put a lot on the line because we are building and creating something. And that is special.”
Erin Barton, Director of Development and International Operations