At Free The Children, we’re a family of shameless idealists and social entrepreneurs committed to shaping a world where everything is possible. We work hard. We play hard. And together WE change the world.
Every. Single. Day.
1. A visionary organization that believes in a world where all young people are free to achieve their fullest potential as agents of change.
2. Partner with 10,000 schools and impact more than two million young people annually with world-changing programs that show proven, measurable outcomes.
3. A community of smart, creative and passionate people who work in a collaborative environment where respect for each other is a given—and deep friendships are inevitable.
5. An award-winning employer of excellence recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in attracting and retaining young talent, three years in a row.
6. A unique sustainable approach to international development supported by five pillars: education, clean water, health, food security and alternative income.
7. A cutting-edge partnership with the social enterprise, Me to We, which donates half of its profits to Free The Children and reinvests the rest to grow the enterprise.
8. Dynamic leadership driven by a powerful philosophy that unites the team: empowering a generation to shift the world from “me” to “we” begins with each of us.
9. An enviable brand supported by social entrepreneurs like Sir Richard Branson, Paul Polman and Magic Johnson and celebrity ambassadors such as Nelly Furtado, Demi Lovato and Natalie Portman.
10. A valuable alumni community that serves as a hub for networking, mentoring and staying in touch with us and with each other.
4. Stellar opportunities for growth, including professional development, coaching and mentorship from corporate and charitable leaders. Also, free snacks and ping-pong.
Whether you’re a recent grad or already have an awesome resume, if you’re looking to make a difference, we’re looking for you.
Launch your career with one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People! Free The Children offers a two-year program to recent grads seeking challenges and looking to make an impact side-by-side with other motivated change makers.
Our program is similar to the training and opportunities provided by the banking world or law firms, except you are changing the world.
Our entry-level positions set you up for success. Whether you travel with We Day, inspire youth by helping them reach their fundraising goals, work behind the scenes at We Day, craft words or develop business plans, you’ll gain transferable communications, fundraising and organizational skills. And you’ll get the opportunity to work with students, educators and sponsors who also want to change the world.
Entry-level employees start at an annual salary of $30,000, plus health and dental benefits. You can also access perks valued at over $5,000, including 75-plus hours of professional development training sessions and skills-improvement workshops, in-house career coaching services and a staff trip to Kenya or Ecuador, where your on-the-ground costs are covered.
At the end of your program, you may apply for a career-track position with us or decide to further your education or apply the skills you built with us to industry or government. Along the way, you can tap into our one-on-one career coaching and robust referral programs.
If you’ve got awesome skills and yearn to change the world, Free The Children wants you.
We are looking for experienced team players seeking meaningful work and new challenges as leaders, strategic thinkers, communications practitioners, relationship builders and international development experts, among many other roles. Make your mark with us.
Career-track employees are paid salaries in line with other nonprofits. You have access to perks valued at over $5,000, including leadership training and skills-improvement workshops, a professional development fund to take yearly courses and workshops offered by universities, colleges and professional associations, in-house career coaching services and a staff trip to Kenya or Ecuador, where your on-the-ground costs are covered.
We are proud to have a very high retention of long-serving staff. In 2015, we have more than 70 employees who have been with us between five and 15 years.
When surveyed by an independent research firm, our team members agreed that working in our organization substantially improved their:
And this development often goes beyond the job itself. In the past six months, their manager has:
We work hard. We play hard. And together WE change the world.
Meet Rann Sharma, Global Head, People Operations and Culture, and learn more about our work and our culture.