Inspirational and motivational, Me to We Speakers will tailor a passionate keynote to your event.
Make social change a family tradition
Free The Children offers unique, educational and engaging domestic programs and campaigns for the whole family. Set your children up for success and connect as a family in a meaningful way.
Your daily actions can inspire change for your family, your community and your world. And, we’re here to help.
Raise awareness and funds for local and global issues
Free The Children hosts a number of campaigns that bring a wide range of social issues to the forefront, from Aboriginal issues to hunger in our communities. Pick the campaign that’s right for your family, sign up and we’ll be in touch to help you get started. All campaigns include invaluable resources, guides and posters to help you and your children track your fundraising efforts.
- Water Initiative: Help bring clean water to the world.
- We Create Change: Compete in a Change War to determine which department or group can “make” the most “change.”
- We are Silent : Go silent for 24 hours in solidarity with the children who’ve lost their voice to poverty and exploitation.
- We are Love : Spread the love and sell Valentine’s-themed buttons at the office and in the neighbourhood.
- We Scare Hunger : Help defeat hunger in our communities.
- We Stand Together : Raise awareness about Aboriginal education in Canada.
Activism in the classroom
Carry your child’s social change involvement into the classroom. Contact your child’s school and ask them how s/he can get involved in the Free The Children group. If the school doesn’t yet have an established Free The Children group, speak to the principal or educator in charge of extracurricular activities about starting one up. We can help! E-mail us at email@example.com.
The movement of our time
At We Day, youth from across North America join together to celebrate the positive actions they are taking and to build the momentum of the movement of young people making a difference in their communities and around the world. Through We Day, youth learn that it is cool to care. Bring your family to We Day, either as audience members or as volunteers!
- Meet like-minded people who are passionate and want to make a change in the world; it could be the start of life-long friendships!
- Join the movement of our time. Volunteer for the event, give back to your community and truly live the message of We Day.
- See change in action, first-hand. Witness the power of We Day and see your children leave the event more inspired and ready to take action than ever.
A socially conscious-themed workshop for the entire family
Lead by expert facilitators, this unique family-oriented workshop will engage you and your children.
The workshop includes:
- An inspirational opening for all participants led by Craig or Marc Kielburger.
- “The 10 Principles of Empowering Youth” session for parents led by Craig or Marc Kielburger. Learn how to help your child to become a creative, compassionate and responsible young leader.
- “Today’s Youth, Today’s Leaders” session for children led by Me to We Leadership Facilitators. Children build compassion, teamwork skills and leadership ability.
- Family Action Plan session for all participants led by Craig or Marc Kielburger. The group comes together to create a plan to reach out to the larger community.
Take Action Camp
Giving children the skills to improve themselves, and their world.
Send your child to camp and make a difference! Me to We’s Take Action Camp is a week-long, social issues-themed summer camp designed to help participants gain leadership skills, explore pressing global issues, volunteer in the local community and take their place within the worldwide movement of activists and socially conscious young people.
Take Action Camp includes:
- Guidance from Me to We social issues and leadership facilitators.
- Interactive learning through seminars, workshops and Take Action curriculum.
- Hands-on experience volunteering in the community.
- The skills to turn inspiration into action.