Adopt a Village
Strengthen connections with coworkers in meaningful ways by getting your team involved with Adopt a Village in the office. Learn about issues and make a tangible difference while you foster teamwork within your office.
To learn how you can get involved with Adopt a Village in your office, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling: 1.416.925.5894.
What is Adopt a Village?
Adopt a Village is a holistic model founded on the understanding that all development projects are connected. We understand that to help children break free from poverty, we must first work in partnership with the community to empower their mothers, improve their schools, outfit their health clinics and build clean water wells.
The Adopt a Village model is made up of five core pillars: education, clean water and sanitation, health, alternative income and livelihood and agriculture and food security. These pillars work together holistically to break the cycle of poverty and are implemented in developing communities within Kenya, Rural China, India, Haiti, Nicaragua, Sierra Leone, Ecuador and Ghana.
Each partner community is chosen based on its high incidence of poverty and child labour as well as its desire to work in collaboration with Free The Children to identify solutions and implement projects.
Adopt a Village and Your Company
Supporting the Adopt a Village model can help to meet your corporate objectives.
- Supporting Adopt a Village programming builds your profile as a good corporate citizen.
- Demonstrate to stakeholders that your company cares, and is making a global impact.
- Join an elite group of industry-leading organizations supporting Free The Children’s international programming.
- Highlight your company’s commitment to the pillar or issue you support through marketing materials and web-based communication.
- Highlight international work as your differentiated competitive advantage.
- Engage your employees and their families through a unifying cause.
Top Ways to Get Started
Host an event
Organize fundraising or awareness-raising events in support of Adopt a Village, such as contests, raffles, casual dress days and bakes sales.
Donate a Day of Pay
Set a corporate fundraising goal and encourage your colleagues to contribute with a day of pay.
Set a goal to Adopt a Village
Start fundraising for an Adopt a Village community overseas.
Downloads & Resources
Employee Engagement Brochure
Third Party Event Package