Inspirational and motivational, Me to We Speakers will tailor a passionate keynote to your event.
Caring spans all generations
Young people are never too young to learn about the issues affecting their local and global communities. Once their eyes are opened to the suffering of others many feel an extraordinary sense of empathy and are eager to know how they can help. Do you know what your child cares about? By simply asking questions about current events in the car-ride home from school or over dinner you can start to discover the passions and interests of your children. If they are unsure, why not lay a newspaper out on the kitchen table and talk about the articles together? This might help spark a new interest.
Once you have identified one, or several issues that are of importance, make a family action plan. How do you want to support that issue? How can you engage other family members, friends, neighbours and the greater community? There are many avenues through which to take action!
Adopt a Village together
Fundraise as a family to Adopt a Village. Through your family’s collective actions, you can support community development in areas with a high incidence of child labour, exploitation of children and minimal opportunities for girls. When your family supports Adopt a Village, you provide sustainable support—instead of handouts—for an entire community.
- Build a school and bring education to an entire community.
- Support the Kisaruni All Girls Secondary School and invest in girls’ education.
- Join Free The Children’s year-long water initiative and help us bring clean water and sanitation projects to 100,000 people around the world.
- Make your own project! Take a look at where we work and pick a country that stands out to your family. Then focus in on a particular pillar of our Adopt a Village model to reinforce the interets of your child.
Raise awareness and funds for local and global social justice issues
We have a range of campaigns just waiting for your family to join, and we’ll be there with you every step of the way to make sure that your’s family’s action plan makes the biggest impact possible.
Check out our campaigns and decide which is best for you and your family.
- Water Initiative - Take Free The Children’s year-long challenge and help bring sustainable sources of clean water to 100,000 people in marginalized communities around the world. Through penny drives, Rafiki Friend Chain sales and other exciting campaigns and activities, we can make this dream come true
- We Scare Hunger – This Halloween, be a hero and join thousands who are taking action to scare away local hunger by trick-or-treating for non-perishable food items, or collecting canned goods for local food banks.
- We Create Change - Even pennies, when added together, can have a huge impact. Collect pennies starting this November to support clean water projects in Free The Children’s Adopt a Village communities around the world.
- We are Love – This February, pin your love on your sleeve! Our Valentine’s Day buttons and cards are the perfect way to show you care while raising money for the Adopt a Village pillar closest to your heart.
- We Stand Together – From February 25 to March 8, join others and learn about the history, cultures and traditions of Aboriginal Canadians.
- We are Silent - On April 18, stand in silent solidarity with children around the world whose voices are silenced by poverty and exploitation.
Questions? Ready to dive in? Please contact Jen Lewkowicz, Donor Relations Manager at email@example.com or 416.925.5894 ext. 152 and she’ll help you get started.
Host a third-party event
Further your fundraising and awareness raising efforts by hosting a third-party event that will help you reach your fundraising goal. Think outside of the box when planning: why not host a tournament, a birthday event or a concert? The important part is that you plan it together—as a family.Get started
Commemorate special occasions in a meaningful way
For your family’s next birthday, B’nai Mitzvah, wedding or anniversary celebration, donate to Free The Children’s programs instead of giving or receiving presents. Celebrate a special day of yours or that of a loved one in a way that matters.Learn more
Create a personal fundraising page
With our unique, personal fundraising tool and page you can keep track of all your Free The Children fundraising successes, invite others to support your family’s goals, share information about fundraising events and connect with a network of families who care.Get started today
Host a trunk show
Hosting a Me to We Artisans Trunk Show is a fun, easy way to share your passion for sustainable style! Support global
artisans by sharing our beautiful, stylish accessories from the comfort of your home.